Sewing Improv and a Case for Sunglasses
For someone who is an inexperienced sewer I seem to make many sewing projects without a pattern. I’ve done this in the past to make a laptop case for Boris, bedroom curtains, and pillow slip covers. They’ve all turned out okay, so I keep diving in with my patternless improv.
I’ve been wanting to make a proper case for my sunglasses, which came with a crappy slip bag that has slowly come apart over time. I did not photograph any of the work in progress of this project, so you can only see the end results. I used a piece of scrap padded foam left over from Boris’ laptop case project, and chose a grey and white fabric square recently purchased from A Spool of Thread.
I measured, cut, sewed, and voilà, the glasses have a very simple case to protect them while bumping around in the bottom of my bag.
I should really put more time into learning more advanced sewing techniques.