Upcycling Old Kitchen Chairs
This is not an interior design blog where you get to see the ugly before version of these chairs to compare to the beautiful new version. Trust me when I say the fabric covering these chairs was in bad shape, and I was completely disgusted looking at them up close as I removed them.
I’ve been wanted to do this project for years, and only recently did I finally commit to doing it. The first step was meauring the chairs, and then taking a look at fabric. I bought the crazy patterned 100% cotton fabric from Dressew, along with two rolls of fibre fill to add more padding.
The chairs are not well made and could actually use a lot more work to make them better overall, but I decided I would only replace the fabric and add a bit more padding rather than do a complete overhaul. I don’t think they are worth the effort.
The chairs look amazing now. I’m very happy with the intense blast of crazy colour and pattern in the dining room. We need to have guests over soon for dinner to try them out.
A huge thank you to my friend Arnt, who helped me with the final stages of stapling the fabric to the chairs. I was totally freaked out by the industrial stapler he has in his studio, and I probably would have stapled my hand to the seat.