I completed the yarn tree at the Foodtree office early last week with the addition of fabric leaves tucked into its branches. It is so very lovely with the red leaves, and it brightens up the office.
I am very pleased with my work on this because I had no idea how it would go when I first started putting pins into the wall, and I was winging it all the while. I love it when an experiment in a new process/medium comes together.
My plan is to create one of these on a wall of our apartment and have it as a permanent installation. I’m aiming to have it completed in time for the Eastside Culture Crawl so it can be yet another thing for people to see when they come by.
Materials used: 1.75 balls of sock yarn, 407 pushpins, and artificial leaves (I didn’t count them).