September 29th, 2008
I am always amazed when pictures, like the one above, get far more attention than they deserve because they’ve made it into Explore on flickr. It was a beautiful place, but I’ve hardly done it justice with this shot. I guess it frustrates me because photography is my art of choice and I’ve put effort into developing my own sense of style and taste. A shot like this isn’t an indication of any of those things but it is the one getting all the favs and views. It reinforces to me how nice, but meaningless it all is.
On a completely unrelated note, thank you to everyone who left suggestions on the previous entry about blogs to read. I had to excavate a few comments after Kirsti pointed out hers was eaten by the spam catcher. Too many links in a comment equals bad says Akismet, even when there is no mention of viagra or casinos.
September 23rd, 2008
Waterlilies in VanDusen Gardens.
I am looking for recommendations on interesting, funny, entertaining, or inspiring blogs to read. I feel like I am in a blog rut and would like some help getting out of it. Make some suggestions please, and base it on the ones YOU like rather than what you think I’d like.
A blog I recently started reading is Cake Wrecks on the recommendation of Susie. It isn’t normally something I would read but it’s hilarious! Who knew there was a trend in realistic cake portraiture. (Creepy.)
September 22nd, 2008
Week 21 – Life is an Art. From the 52 Weeks self portrait series.
Good things from the weekend:
– a delicious meal that came in many small bowls, followed by a very tasty dessert – all made by Zak.
– Saturday brunch at the Sandbar on Granville Island
– the fastest trip through Ikea ever, which yielded excellent results
– a well-timed phone call from Hendrik that led to a fun Sunday afternoon
– the glorious weather on Sunday afternoon
– homemade sky high pizza made by Boris. So-called because it was stacked with toppings.
– having a clearer mind after a few weeks of too much stress and anxiety